EMDR Consultation in Delray Beach, FL (Palm Beach County & Virtual)
There are many reasons why EMDR therapists choose to seek consultation. Whether part of the initial 10-hour basic training requirements, to achieve certification or become an Approved Consultant in EMDR therapy, for support in working with complex clinical cases, or to increase your confidence and effectiveness in the practice of EMDR therapy with clients, consultation plays a critical role of the professional development as an EMDR therapist. Even the most experienced of clinicians seek routine consultation as a way of honing their skills, practicing self-care, and getting help with challenging cases!
Why work with Brian?
Our EMDR community is full of highly-qualified psychotherapists and mentors to seek consultation from. Making the choice of who to work with is often based on a variety of reasons. Some of these include personality and approach and looking for the right “fit”, the consultant’s specific clinical experience and areas of specialization, working with someone online versus finding someone in the local community, cost per session, individual versus group, etc. I have been described as funny, approachable, and good at articulating complex concepts. I try to practice a good blend of being encouraging while also challenging you to grow and take healthy risks toward your development. I realize that gaining mastery in EMDR (or anything for that matter) can be a very vulnerable process, so I make sure to provide a nonjudgmental and validating environment in which you can thrive!
- Specializing in Addictions, Trauma (simple and complex), and EMDR Early Intervention (using EMDR for very recent events, otherwise known as critical incidents), often utilizing a core belief model of case conceptualization and treatment planning.
- Founder of the Southeast Florida Trauma Recovery Network (TRN), our network of local EMDR therapists who provide pro bono EMDR therapy following natural and man-made community disasters.
- On the board of directors of Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs (HAP), the non-profit training and humanitarian organization founded by Francine Shapiro.
- Trauma Recovery/HAP Basic Training Facilitator
- Up-to-date on current EMDR research and practice with attendance at EMDRIA conferences and advanced trainings.
- Continued personal utilization of regular consultation throughout the years of my EMDR therapy practice. I have found this to be extremely valuable!
“Not only has Brian challenged me to enhance my EMDR theory and skills to ensure best quality of care for my clients, he has also helped me to build my confidence in this skill set to successfully treat my clients that struggle with C-PTSD and high levels of dissociation.”
-Trauma therapist in West Palm Beach, FL
“Brian is not only warm and curious but he has taken to EMDR therapy easily and continues to stay up to date by attending ongoing advanced trainings. He has provided his community extensive support following the Stoneman Douglas school shooting by building the local TRN and currently sits on the EMDR HAP Board. He has expanded his capacity as an EMDR early Interventionist in addition to his extensive background in addictions.”
-Reg Morrow Robinson, Ed.S, LMFT, LMHC, EMDR Trainer, R-TEP/G-TEP Executive Trainer, Founder of Connect EMDR Training & Consultation
“I’ve been impressed by Mr. Gong’s ability to grasp the EMDR protocol, make excellent clinical decisions, and remain ethically sound while working with a diverse caseload of challenging clients. His ethics and dedication to clinical excellence are really quite remarkable.”
-Hope Payson, LCSW, LADC, EMDRIA Approved Consultant, Trainer on EMDR Addiction Protocols
Brian is currently accepting new consultees who are interested in completing their initial 10 consultation hours for Trauma Recovery/HAP basic trainings, working toward EMDRIA Certification, or improving their effectiveness and skill in the practice of EMDR therapy. To obtain the designation of EMDRIA Certified Therapist, you will need 20 hours of consultation beyond those required for your basic training. 10 of these must come from individual consultation while the rest may come from group. Brian’s goal is to help you feel more confident in your application of EMDR when working with these populations and to be more effective as an EMDR clinician. Per requirements from EMDRIA, he will provide you with individualized feedback and instruction in a variety of areas such as case conceptualization, client readiness, target selection, treatment planning, and application of essential skills. Let’s get started!
Current EMDR Consultation Groups
(1) Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs (HAP) basic training consultation. Anyone who has completed at least Part 1 of the training can join. I have two groups that meet every other week on alternating weeks. Fee is $50 per group. Max of 5 people per group. We meet via Zoom (link will be provided once you sign up on Calendly).
- Monday at 12pm EST
- Thursday at 12pm EST
Click here to reserve your spot(s) in Brian’s HAP consultation groups using the online scheduling app.
(2) Certification Group. Earn 10 of the 20 hours of Consultation needed toward certification! Meets the 3rd Friday of the month for 5 consecutive months starting on March 18th from 12-2pm. Fee is $150 per 2-hour group (10% discount for payment in full prior to starting). Commitment to attend all five groups is required. We will meet via Zoom.
Click here to listen to Brian’s guest appearance on the Good Counsel Podcast where he talks about trauma, EMDR, the community’s response following the Parkland school shooting in 2018, and volunteering with Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs.
To work with Brian, call him at (561) 501-1008 or send him an email to [email protected]