Ashley Zarmanian, MA, LMHC, EDIT Certified
Ashley is a licensed mental health professional and has been in the field for 16 years. In graduate school, she worked on treatment planning and behavioral interventions, as well as volunteering for a mobile crisis unit, serving individuals in high risk situations. She went on in her career working in substance abuse treatment for 8 years at a dual diagnosis facility. There, she worked on specializing skills in family work, intervention, treating process addictions, and treating personality disorders. She developed a specific passion for working with individuals struggling with eating disorders and body image. In private practice, Ashley has continued her education to develop expertise in treating individuals with substance use disorders and their family members, eating disorders, body image issues, and trauma. She is extremely passionate about helping individuals to achieve full emotional sobriety, addressing all old traumas, maladaptive coping skills, and process addictions. Ashley prides herself on doing the in depth work of therapy, beginning with formative and family of origin experiences and treating the whole patient from a place of compassion, empathy, and therapeutic confrontation.
Masters in Clinical Mental Health
Eating Disorder Intuitive Certified Therapist, Level 3
Florida Licensed Mental Health Clinician
Additional training in: CBT, DBT, Eating Disorder Specialist, Experiential Therapy, Body Dysmorphia, Family Systems Therapy, Trauma Therapy
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Eating Disorders (also passionate in gaining awareness for men struggling with eating disorders and the growing crisis that is “Orthorexia”!)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Process Addictions (gambling, digital, sex addiction)
- Family support for loved ones of addicts
- Co-dependency and Love Addiction
- CPTSD, developmental trauma, and betrayal trauma
- Passionate belief in progress and healing for individuals struggling with Personality Disorders by treating underlying trauma
Check out Ashley’s Blog Articles:
- Can Narcissism Be Treated With EMDR Therapy?
- A Case Study: “ If I have childhood trauma, does that mean my parents were abusive?”
- My Loved One is an Addict. Why Should I Be the One Going to Therapy???
- Are We Over-Using the Terms “Narcissism” and “Gaslighting”?
- The Use of Dream Journaling in Therapy
- Why Therapy is Important After Inpatient Addiction Treatment
- To the Wives
- What is a Process Addiction